Amazon, the world’s largest online retailer, has showed the list of its 2011 combined bestseller rankings for print and ebook sales.
Among them, Walter Isaacson’s biography of Apple founder and former CEO Steve Jobs was the bestselling title on Amazon this year. The biography has gained the outstanding success to surpass other books despite the fact that it was just introduced in late October. Its publication date was a month ago after news of Jobs’s death broke on Oct. 5. The success of the book proved the important role of CEO Steve Jobs in the technology field and he had a strong impact on the technology world.
Two memoirs — Bossypants by comedian Tina Fey, and A Stolen Life by kidnapping victim Jaycee Dugard — folloe the top three. Two self-published ebooks, The Mill River Recluse ($0.99) by Darcie Chan, and The Abbey ($2.99) by Chris Culver, following numbers four and nine, respectively.
The 10 bestsellers overall were:
1. Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
2. Bossypants by Tina Fey
3. A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard
4. The Mill River Recluse by Darcie Chan
5. In the Garden of the Beasts by Erik Larson
6. A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin
7. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
8. The Litigators by John Grisham
9. The Abbey Chris Culver